- Published on Wednesday, 04 May 2016 16:16
- Hits: 493
The 7th Global Forum of the Alliance of Civilizations was organized and held by UN in Baku last week. Peter Tase, a political analyst and an journalist researcher from the United States, who participated at the forum visited Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic and got acquainted with the sightseeing, historical monuments and educational institutions. An American journalist was invited to our editorial office and shared his impressions:
– You have been in Nakhchivan for three days. What are your impressions?
– This is my second visit to Nakhchivan. I have visited Nakhchivan in the fall of 2014, then as a member of the humanitarian forum. This time thanks to God’s will, I had received an invitation to your beautiful country for the second time and again I came to Nakhchivan. After my first visit to Nakhchivan I have witnessed many changes. I want to start with the work done for passenger at the Nakhchivan International Airport. The works done in order to increase the potential of the port service shows that Nakhchivan has the capacity to meet hundreds of guests every day. It is very important for an emerging country, because now the whole world’s attention is on Nakhchivan.
– What did you see during your visit which was noteworthy?
– Though there is 12-hour time difference between the US and Azerbaijan, I don’t feel tired. I feel comfortable in Nakhchivan. Firstly, we were in Ordubad. The city, its structure, mosques and other historical monuments, Ordubad plane trees (chinars) made a deep impression on me. I like your national meals. To me, Nakhchivan cuisine is irreplaceable. We saw a lot of interesting things in Ordubad. The town is a museum from beginning to the end. To my opinion, Ordubad should be enlisted into the UNESCO World Heritage List. I’m going to publish some articles connected to this matter in the world’s leading media publications. My main interest is historical monuments and archaeological cultural patterns. The impression that I gained in Ordubad will be the main motive for some of my writings.
– What information do the historical monuments in Nakhchivan tell you?
– Patriotism! You know, every person loves his country. However, it is better to perform it in actions, but not in words. The reconstructed Gulistan tomb was shown to me. It’s a sample of heroism. Indeed, once Azerbaijanis died for the sake of their lands, they protected and mounted monuments on it, and this tradition is continuing today as well. These monuments don’t belong only to Azerbaijan. They should be preserved for future generations as the material and cultural heritage of the whole mankind, I was surprised by the attention paid to historical monuments in Nakhichevan. In this regard, the works done by Mr. Vasif Talibov, the head of Nakhchivan have the global importance.
– Have you visited Alinjagala?
– On back way from Ordubad in spite of the rainy weather, we could go up to the castle. That was a great moment in my life. Once I do not think I will be able to feel the same feeling ever again. The defenders of the castle demonstrated great heroism during 14 years to protect the castle from occupiers. People have written the history. This history is still being written. I mean restoration, historical restoration of Alinjagala. Yes, this is a historic opportunity. According to the information given to me, the restoration work has continued here for more than 2 years. The restoration of this magnificent castle is not only a great part of the modern history of Azerbaijan, but also an illustration of the perfect leadership and patriotism engendered. There is also the psychological aspect of this work. On the stones and steps along with the heroism of the defenders of the fortress, the patience and determination of the Nakhchivan chairman are clearly read. These works are very important for the benefit of Nakhchivan and the whole country. Modern world accepts all these things as the universal work. I believe that in the nearest future, all these works will be assessed at the international level.
– While talking in the yard of the editorial office you have noticed the modernity of schools, universities and production enterprises in Nakhchivan. It seems that educational and production institutions have left deep impressions on you.
– Do you know, I know many countries with the centuries-old history of independence. For example, there are some villages and even small towns in the countries of the South American continent, which haven’t got a single school. Today there are hundreds of newly built schools, colleges and university buildings in Nakhchivan , which could be constructed only by people who really think about future of the country and the nation. I was extremely surprised whenever I learned that there are online classes between the museums and schools. None of the developed countries in the world do this job for free. It is a real sample of patriotism. I want to touch upon the historical monuments again. For example, as you know, the ancient Inca culture in Peru has rich prints of past. However, I would like them to come to Nakhchivan and to see how the historical monuments should be saved. All these were carried out under the conditions of blockade and in spite of difficulties of living in such condition. I think if there was not Armenian aggression against Azerbaijan, this beautiful land and whole country could gain the higher levels of development. I got acquainted with Nakhchivan State University and “Nakhchivan” University campus and met the students. Such a modern campus can be compared only with those which are located in the capitals of the European countries. I have observed the encourage of the students while speaking to them. Heretofore, I have visited Nakhchivan Business Center. Speaking about the Nakhchivan products demonstrated there, I can say that it can be the result of the astronomical development which could be fantastically fitted in two decades. If Badamli spring water is already sold in Arabic countries, this is a real miracle. Manufactures of stone products in Nakhchivan surprised me by their modernity. Believe me, if the marble importing countries of the world were aware of Nakhchivan marble, they would not get Italian marble any more. Because the products are not only cheap, but also very qualitative. Another fact is even more exciting. I was told that there are already 8 power stations in Nakhchivan. It is really exiting. Let’s compare, in a big country as Brazil totally 7 electric power plants were built since 1984. However, since 1995, 7 electric power plants have been established in Nakhchivan, one of which is solar plant. It is a fact, though it is surprising.The fact is that Nakhchivan people were able to realize it. We are very pleased with the success of our friends.
– Now you are going to leave Nakhchivan. We hope that you have a lot of impressions to share with friends in the United States.
Yes, visiting Nakhchivan, in general, participating in the forum held in Baku I got acquainted with your country closely. It was a historic event for me. I also got acquainted with you and newspaper staff. It is a new beginning for me. I leave your country with very deep and positive impressions. The copies of “Sharg gapisi” newspaper where my articles were published at various times were also the best gift for me. I wish you all the success in the further development and preservation of this beautiful land.
– Thank you for the interview.
Read the article: